What Is the Most Secure Garage Door?
- Enhanced Security in Modern Doors: Modern garage doors, compared to older models, feature multiple locks and stronger locking rods, offering better resistance to break-ins.
- Roller Garage Doors: Despite their slatted design, these doors provide high security due to their compact structure and the option for frameless installation, making them less vulnerable to forced entry.
- Sectional Garage Doors: Offer robust security with strong panels, though their slower closing time might be a disadvantage in urgent scenarios.
- Side-Hinged Garage Doors: Equipped with multi-lock systems, suggesting higher security due to their premium pricing and use of durable materials.
When it comes to our homes, style and aesthetics are important, but nothing gives us peace of mind like security. That’s why, this month, the JB Garage Doors team is going to be taking a look at the best garage door types for security, so you can be armed with the right knowledge when you need to make a purchase.
A note about garage door security
Before we dive in, let’s talk about modern garage door security. These days, garage doors are far more secure than they were a few decades ago, and the sort of security features you can expect have become more sophisticated and greater in number. Here are some of the different features you can expect on your new garage door:
- Multiple locks: While older garage doors might have only had one lock, which would leave it very vulnerable if it started to wear or was targeted by a thief, newer garage doors often have multiple locks, meaning that there are several layers of security that would-be criminals have to deal with.
- Locking rods: Locking rods are used instead of cables and are far more robust. This makes it much more difficult for a criminal to simply brute force their way into your garage.
The Most Secure Garage Doors
In what follows, we’re going to be covering what we think are the best types of garage doors for security that you can buy.
Roller garage doors
Initially, you might think that roller garage doors are one of the weaker styles due to the sheer amount of slats, but they’re actually one of the most secure. They have a very neat, compact structure that makes it very difficult for intruders to find a weak point. They can also be installed without a frame, meaning the edges of the door will be particularly hard to get around.
Sectional garage doors
Given that sectional garage doors share a similar structure to roller garage doors, they also share some of their security properties. Like roller garage doors, sectional doors are made up of a series of panels that tend to be very robust, making it difficult for intruders to get around.
However, sectional garage doors can also take a little longer to shut in an emergency, which might be seen as a drawback for some.
Side-hinged garage doors
Due to the way that side-hinged garage doors open and close, they are far more likely to be fitted with a multi-lock system, meaning that they’re a safe choice when it comes to security. They also tend to be more expensive than the average garage door, meaning they will often benefit from sturdier, longer lasting materials.
JB Garage Doors is one of the leading garage door suppliers across Maidstone, Ashford, Canterbury, Medway, Dartford, Bromley and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for a secure garage door that you can rely on time and time again, all you have to do is give our dedicated team a call and we will be right there to assist you.